Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2012 11:19:55 -0400
>Is it just because I'm nuts, Wolfy?  -- Shron

HEY!!! I resemble that remark! When did I get into the dictionary as
being the definition for "nuts"? How come no one else is in there?
Huh?! Alex, wipe that smirk off your face right now! You too!
 ::pointing at everyone menacingly::

Sigh, okay, so since I was addressed personally, I suppose I need to
reply. I mean it would be the most unnutty thing I can do, right?

Shron, I started thinking about it and I must say that I've always been
a bit nervous about getting most new pets. I can recall some pets that
I thought long and hard about, planned for them, and just happened to
take that leap at exactly the right time in my life. But not many of
them. When things go down like that perfectly, those times are true
joy and excitement. You can't beat them. But that had nothing to do
with how much I ended up loving that animal or how much it ended up
being the right thing to do in my life. Many of my ferrets came to me
unexpectedly and as rescues. Some of them? Honestly I didn't even want
(the responsibility at the time). But I've never regretted a single
ferret! Some of those individuals changed my life and had I not been a
part of their lives, I would have missed out on a great, great thing.
Have I regretted other pets? Yup, but luckily just a few in my life.
But never .. a ferret, and no matter how doubtful I was at the time.
I think that is because ferrets are a part of me, my identity, and my
sanity. Shron I think I (all of us here actually) know you well enough
that in your case, you "need" ferrets in your life for a variety of
reasons.

I also know that you have anxiety issues. You have to remember that
this can come into play. And sometimes you just need to ride that out.
You have doubts because you don't always get cold feet with a ferret.
But most of the time, if I recall, you do. I get the feeling that you
aren't actually "doubtful" about inviting ferrets back into your life,
but instead nervous or have cold feet. There's a big difference there,
don't you think? If you were truly doubtful, you'd not come here for
support. You came here because you suddenly have cold feet and need
help riding through that. Remember you have a lot of support with your
boyfriend. You aren't going into this alone, and that also makes a big
difference in potential outcomes.

I don't know what to say other than that. I don't want to talk you into
taking a step you are not ready for. And I don't want to talk you out
of a missed opportunity. All I can do is listen, and offer a tad bit
of interpretation and other ways of looking at things.

If you decide to adopt these babies, I truly hope we can get a ferret
train going here to get them to you. It sounds like although they were
cared for they are in desperate need of a permanent home. Let us know
if you do need help. Who know's maybe we can all get something going
here to make it possible.

- Nuts, er crap, no ..

Wolfy