From:
Debra Sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:36:05 -0500
Gee Danee,

Are you saying people should only go to AFA shows?

Remember the show last spring in PA that we saw each other at? You
know, the AFA show in Gillbertsville, PA? It was held on your B-day.

Well I was there with my hob Trey. I had "ALL" of my paperwork with me
to get in, shot records and ADV test results.

Guess what, after I paid to get in, "NO ONE" checked Trey's shot
records or ADV test results. I was told since I wasn't showing Trey
in the show they didn't need to SEE the paperwork.

IMO, I feel safer & more comfortable going to an LOS show because
"EVERYONE" has to have the proper paperwork with them to bring their
ferret(s) into the show hall/area. This includes people who are
showing, people who have ferrets just at the show to place in new
homes, venders who bring their ferrets for company and even the
walkins. The ferrets are even HEALTH CHECKED by Hand, not just looked
at while in the cage to ensure that fleas and mites aren't present.

You of all people should know that the ADV test results are ONLY as
good as the day the sample was taken. Just because the ferret may be
negative that one" day, does NOT mean it will still be negative the
day of the show.

Debi
Fuzzy Loving Ferrets Rescue & Ferretry
www.freewebs.com/fuzzyloving
LOSN Senoir Specialty & Championship Ferret Judge