Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 15:53:14 -0600
'Twas the night before Christmas, And all through the house,
Every creature was stirring, Except for the mouse!

The stockings were stashed under the couch with such care

With the knowledge that no one would think to look there!

The ferrets were dooking while their mommy was cooking

Gravy for them, and for the humans a turkey.

The chicken was boiling, the turkey was basting,

And daddy was busy, with a spoon and fork, tasting!

When out in the yard, there was a great clatter,

But mommy didn't bother, to see what was the matter.

She assumed it was just the ferrets dancing and playing.

When in walked St. Nicholas smiling and saying:

"Now, PeaPie and Tubby, Now Bilbo and Lightning

Be patient little ones, and you'll see what you have coming!"

Mommy stood, arms all akimbo, struck dumb by the sight,

And exclaimed "This is just what I needed tonight!"

St. Nick merely smiled, and the broke into a laugh.

"Take yourself off Mother for a long relaxing bath!"

Daddy was oblivious, in his recliner having dozed

With a little lost albino held very close.

Mommy cried, "But I have all this cooking,

And for their gravy the ferrets are dooking!"

Daddy awoke, to the albino's chatter,

Grumping "What's all the clatter?"

With a twinkling eye, and a very large grin

St. Nicholas went and brought a large sack in.

The ferrets went to dancing, they hopped and pranced,

Hoping that toys had been in the sack they had glanced!

"Hold on!" said Santa, as he scooped up a fert,

"You get what I've brought you, you quick little squirt!"

Out of the sack he pulled treats and toys

For all the ferret girls and boys.

A Kong for Bilbo, a squeaky for Tubby.

A sleep sack for Lightning, one oh, so cuddly.

A chew toy for PeaPie, this one also would squeak.

And for the little albino, who was acting so meek,

A very special treat for her St. Nicholas had brought

One that had been, for mommy, a major thought.

A name especially for her, one she could call her own

Instead of mommy just calling her "Little One".

St. Nick cuddled her, avoiding a nip,

And said "I dub you mommy's little Pip."

And said "I dub you mommy's little Pip."

And for mommy and daddy, who stood with tears in their eyes

There was news from their departed little guys.

"Thunder, Frisco and Harriette too,=20

Send Christmas kisses to the two of you.

This they asked me to tell,

Be at peace that they are happy and well."

In the blink of an eye, St. Nick was gone,

But he left them all the strength to carry on....

From out of the darkness there came one last call

"Get some rest, and Merry Christmas to all!"

Christmas and Yuletide Blessings to all FMLers....

Tammy K & the Crew
War Dance Haven
Shelter & Rescue
(missing Harri, Frisco & Thunder)

Trying to explain ferret math to a non ferret owner is like trying to
explain Physics to a 3 year old.