From:
William Thomas Waters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 1996 18:31:54 -0500
When I read all these messages about people's ferrets sleeping in bed with
them, I have to wonder if my Cedric is abnormal.  He is 10 weeks old and I
have had him for 4 of those.

In that time I have gotten him litter trained, but I haven't been able to
get him to calm down whenever I'm around.  Whenever I try to pick him up he
just squirms and claws, unless I put him on my shoulder and move around.
When he's on the floor, he thinks my toes are chew toys, and he bites my
fingers when I chase him away.  I've tried flicking him on the nose or rump
while loudly saying "No!", but I think he thinks its a game or something.
I've tried lying down on the floor when he's around and nearly lost parts of
my ears and nose to his rapidly maturing jaws.

Does anyone else have this problem?  Is this something he will grow out of,
or am I disciplining him wrong, or are some ferrets just plain hyper?  I'd
appreciate any advice or insight.

Thanks,

Bill
http://www-sunlab.cit.cornell.edu/Info/People/wwaters/