Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 15:21:23 -0400
I would like to put together a state-by-state list of which areas are ferret
friendly, and who isn't.

*Please note, this will not be a list of FFZs and non-FFZs.*

What I'm looking for is whether your city/county/state recognizes the rabies
vaccine for ferrets, if they mandate the vaccine, and whether they allow
quarantine in an alleged bite situation or automatically kill-and-test.  If
quarantine is allowed, are there any conditions attached - such as current
vaccination, not stray, etc.  I would also like dates when the area became
quarantine friendly, legislative bill numbers where available/appropriate,
and anything else you can think of that may be relevant.

Also, please include where/who you got the info from (i.e. animal control,
DOH, local Vet association, etc...)

If this list has already been compiled by someone, please let me know.  I've
had several people ask me about it lately, and I would like to be able to
make this info available to anyone who asks.

Many Thanks
Carla S.
WhyNot? Ferrets
Rio Grande Domestic Ferret Club

*** Have you written your letters for Kodo yet? ***