From:
Lisa Carswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 14:36:11 -0500
>Hubby would have thrown a fit if he found out, so I kept her hidden.
>(to this day, about 4 weeks later, he still doesn't know <<G>) Her name is
>Figgy, Figment of Your Imagination, so I have a good answer when he finally
>does notice her hehehe

I had to laugh when I read this.  Even though I've been living on my own
for a few years now, my mother had a duck when I brought home my first
ferret...of course, my mother is a Southern mom, so she feels kind of
obliged to nag me about things.  :) Anyway, when I got my second ferret, I
didn't say anything about it to her for weeks...finally, she was visiting
my house one day and saw Claudia.  She blinked a few times and asked me if
my ferret had gotten lighter (Claudia's a butterscotch female, my first
ferret, Zorro, is a dark sable male)...I started to make up something about
how ferrets coats change once a year, but then Zorro comes toodling in, so
I'm stuck having to tell her the truth.  *lol* She wasn't too happy when my
dad gave us Loki for Christmas, either.  'Course, now that she's keeping my
ferrets for me while I'm at grad school, she's threatening to keep 'em
herself once I'm done.  *Chuckle* Ferrets...they can win anyone over!

Dooks,

Lisa

Mom of Zorro, Claudia, and Loki

"Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to
a common reality. Magic is a method of talking to the universe in words
that it cannot ignore."

                --The Stranger
                in Neil Gaiman's <italic>The Books of Magic</italic>