From:
Tanya Grave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 14:20:16 -0800
Well let me first say that I am so grateful to have friends and family who
care so much as to come running when I scream 911.

This morning I opened the back sliding door to get some air into the
house (it was really stuffy as it just began to rain.) I placed a piece
of pexiglass to block off the any critters from going outside.  Then as
my usual routine, I go upstairs to do my makeup, make my bed, etc..etc...
etc... Once I'm done I go downstairs and clean the litter boxes, change
water, food and warm up some duck soup.

Well this morning when I came downstairs I had the scare of my life!
The pexiglass had been moved aside and a 3 inch gap was open!  OMG!  I
frantically began a headcount.  1-2-3 (Goose, Unagi, Hank)  OH, NO where
is Harry and Pikachu??!  I run outside and go to my brothers house (we
own a duplex and he lives next door - thank god!), I run into his house
thru the open back door (for his dog) and there is Harry dancin' in the
kitchen.  I grab him and continue looking for Pikachu.  I call my mom and
my bro (he's at work) - my mom lives 2 miles away and says she will come
right away.  Mike has a meeting but will leave right when it's over.  I
tell him to call me before he leaves just in case I've found him (hopeful
thinking).  I continue combing the neighborhood - up, down, around the
back.  Can't find him.  So I call Melissa (my fert friend).  She is 2
minutes away from her work and about 20 minutes from me.  She calls her
work tells them she has an emergency and heads straight for my house (She
does fetal ultrasound - so when she flakes on work she's just messed up
16 other peoples day.)  She mentions shaking the treat jar.  Good thinking.
In the meantime my mom has shown up and I tell her to stay close to the
house, go back into Mike's house and keep looking all around the property
while shaking a treat jar.  I think he may have gone under our house.  I
take my 3 pooches, treat jar and we start backtracking for the 3rd and 4th
times.  Before we leave I shake the treat jar underneath the house - no
Pikachu.  It's now 1 1/2 hrs later and I'm starting to panic.  I'm sure
something/someone has picked him up.  I can't understand why I haven't
found him yet.  I go into my neighbors backyard - thank god her HUGE
rottweiler is in the house.  Up, down, all around the neighborhood (My
neighbors must have thought I was insane - I'm out without an umbrella
shaking a can, calling Pikachu and looking in bushes and around houses!).
Then all of a sudden I hear my mom calling my name!  She's found the
possum!  He was under the house!

Wheeewww!  Thank God for my mom coming over right away.  Without her
manning the house I don't know how much longer I would have been looking
for him.  So I called Melissa and called off the search; she was just
around the corner and came by, gave Peeky a snuggle and off to work we
went.

Peeky's Big Adventure.

(PS We live in California so you can only imagine how much more frantic
I was.)