From:
The Langdons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 20:45:19 +0100
Hi, When I got my ferrets from the local rescue place (two weeks ago) I was
told to feed them some fruit and veggies along with their ferret food.  At
the moment they have Ferret Complete with Ferretone available all the time
(and they eat plenty) and then once a day they get a selection of
fruits/veggies (broccolli, capsicums, beansprouts, bananas, apples, grapes
etc) does this sound okay?  If not what should they be having?

As I have two albino boys from the same litter, they are pretty much
identical, at the moment I can tell them apart as Woozle has a small scab
at the back of his neck, but as this is (fortunately)rapidly healing, I'm
going to have to think of some way of easily telling them apart.  (other
than waiting to see who attacks my toes when they're playing with me! :-) )
I have thought about putting a small amount of food colouring on them but
first I want to know if this is safe for them.

I'm totally bowled over by these guys, they learn so fast, I have some
fancy rats too, and already Woozle and Hamish have learned not to bother
them at play time.  My cats aren't too sure about the ferrets but I'm
hoping they'll get along eventually.

Sorry to ramble but I want to the best for these wonderful boys.

Jane (The human one)
Hamish and Woozle (My wonderful boys)
Murphy and Tabby (the cats)
Sasha, Smudge, Chloe, Lily and Spot (the rats)
Dawn and Dalphi (the goldfish)