From:
Jason Matchett or Heidi Reagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 16:59:15 -0500
I just wanted to write to tell everyone that my digging problems have almost
been totally solved.  At the advice of one of the FML readers, I grabbed a
cardboard box and taped the top and bottom closed.  Next I cut a hole about
halfway up from the bottom for a fert door.  Then I cut another hole in one
of the other sides, just the same size as a peanut butter jar.  I screwed a
clean peanut butter jar into the hole for a bayview window.  Then I filled
the box with her favorite, plastic grocery store bags.(She only gets to play
under direct supervision.) Anytime I caught her digging, I'd put her in the
box.  She loves it.  Well, the box was taking up space, so I put it on top
of her cage.  Then I bought about 6 feet of dryer hose, and cut a hole in
the box a little bit smaller than the hose.  I put the hose in the box and
now she can get up and down into her box by crawling thru the hose, which
she loves to do.  anyway, I wanted to tell everyone that my solution didn't
cost anymore than the cost of dryer hose.  I think it was $.69 a foot.  The
rest of the stuff I got from my attick and garage.  I hope this helps a
little :)

   "No turkey for me , thank you, but I sure would love another raisin!"
                 Jason, Heidi and Samantha (the little witch)