From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 13:44:34 -0700
Dear sweet Pherit;

I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for your post in the FML the
other day.  It was incredibly well written -- you are such a smart little
boy!  Your mommy and daddy must be very proud of you and love you very
much!

The things you said about ADV are so true and we need to find a way to
prevent this killer disease from taking your brothers and sisters away.
The only way we are going to do that is through research, but research is
expensive.  VERY EXPENSIVE!

And Pherit, I really don't think the reason people don't donate is
because they are lazy.  I think it's because a lot of people don't have
the extra money laying around and they feel the dollar or two they can
afford to donate, wouldn't really do any good.  But I am hoping the
people of the FML will see when their dollar is placed with my dollar and
your mommy's dollar and my friend Connie's dollars that we will end up
with a sum of money that will show the University of Georgia we are
serious about finding a cure for this disease!

I have had people ask me why I care so much about ADV when it hasn't
affected me.  My answer is quite simple - because I love ferrets.  Not
just my ferrets, all ferrets.  They are amazing creatures and I don't
think you can love them without caring about ADV.  Unfortunately, there
are still people out there who don't feel ADV is a threat.  It hasn't
touched them so they think they have nothing to worry about.  My personal
opinion is, if you have a ferret you should be worried now...not after
they test positive!

Although ADV has not touched my ferrets, it has touched the ferrets of
some people I care deeply about.  I have seen what Georgia Wood, Julie
Fossa, Danee Devore and Judy Gronwold have gone through with their ADV+
ferrets.  I don't want to sit around and wait for my ferrets to be next!
Too many ferrets have died or are dying from this disease and it's time
to do something about it!

Your offer to tell us stories is a very generous and wonderful offer!  I
bet you can really tell us some great stories and I am going to gather my
ferrets around....and pop some popcorn!

Thank you for helping us and please tell your mommy to give you a great
big smooch for me.  You're a good boy!

Judy Cooke
Tyson, Hope and Einstein
Precious Lily, Chaucer and Boomer