From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:18:16 -0400
Spanky was a rescue dumped in his old age on a local shelter.  He was
swollen with cancer, suffered a bad heart and fluid retention.  He was
a sweet tempered bright eyed boy.  I don't really know much about him,
other than he was a Marshall's and had a good personality.  How anyone
could abandon such a love rather than caring for him during his last
days is beyond me.

We took Pepper in from a closed shelter with 6 other ferrets, all biters.
We placed two.  The rest were too unpredictable and stayed with us.

Pepper was a dark sable with a black nose.  He was a random and vicious
biter.  His age back then was 3 to 5 yrs old.  I think he was only three
and his age when he left us was around 6 yrs.  We tried for 6 mos to
rehab Pepper and he was having not part of it.

My husband handles all the ferrets when he cleans thier cages or puts
them out for playtime.  Pepper must have loved him, because he stopped
biting for Dan.  For Dan, he changed his ways.  He finally learned to
tolerate me.  He was always Dan's boy.

KG
Celtic Ferrets