From:
Lara Tyminski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 16:02:53 -0500
Hi everyone,

just a little update.  If you're looking for a ferret....There is a
beautiful Panda male at the London Humane Society.  I've been in to groom
him twice and he is a big, big sweetie!  If I could afford it he would have
come home with me.  I believe they have vaccinated him, I didn't check, but
I know he just had his teeth cleaned because I pointed out to the vet that
they had to be done, and low and behold they are!  I believe the adoption
price is an amazing $25, but....he has to be neutered by his new owner
before he's adopted out.  Unaltered ferrets require a Spay/Neuter deposit
of $150 at the time of adoption.  This money is refunded when proper
documentation of neuter is provided.  I think this is great, and will
greatly cut down on unnecessary breeding of all companion animals that go
through this shelters doors; the deposit applies to all cats, dogs,
puppies, kittens, rabbits, ferrets etc.  though the deposit amt.  differs
depending on the animal.  The highest are for ferrets and puppies at $150.

Also for those who don't mind supporting huge animal exploiting companies,
I mean Pet Stores, The Super Pet, on Wellington Rd in London, has 3, 4
month old kits for sale, $199 S/D.  There is one gorgeous boy, a sterling?
silver blaze who I also would love to take home.  There are also a light
sable and darker sable.

Wish I could have made it to the frolic in Toronto today, I hope everyone
has a wonderful time.

Lara