From:
Derek & Amy Flemming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 23:52:12 -0400
M Neal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>...The problem is my other ferret Moonie is 1 1/2 >yrs old and she is a
>tiny little thing.  Polar is always pouncing on Moonie, especially when
>they are in the cage.  He is always biting Moonie.  All I hear is Moonie
>hissing, and whining while this BIG Baby !!  , says on top of her and
>bites her.  Monnie appears to just get flaccid and tolerate this.  Once I
>separated them by putting Polar in another cage , because I thought he was
>hurting Moonie, but all Moonie would do was try to reach Polar.  Please
>tell if this behavior is normal....

Well, in MHO, I believe your new baby is showing his dominance to his new
cage mate.  And she is in turn showing her passivness.  All ferrets go thru
the "pecking order".  It is completely normal behavior and will subside -
esp after the 10 week old runs out of his "kit energy".  Moonie is showing
you she wants to be with Polar - let them sort it out.  If he is being too
rough, make it understood that is not appropiate behavior by getting his
attention off of her.  I wouldn't repremand him as he is being a normal
ferret.

And don't worry - your little girl will be fine!  It is always the smallest
girls that can stick up to the big boys!  She chooses to be submissive.