Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2007 17:44:55 -0500
Hi folks, this is SaraFerret. Yes I know, another late notice. However,
all ferrets are greeted promptly as they crossed. Its just de humans
dat get a bit slow due to human reasons. (SIGH!) Lets see... Mommy
checks thru her notes tossing dem into de air, frantically searching
thru dem for just de right one.... oh there....

Hi folks, this is SaraFerret. Today was my vacation day at de bridge
which meant no bridge greeting duty. So here I was relaxing on my water
raft at de big lily pond. De breezes were blowing softly and my eyes
were closed. I had a lily pad over my head to shade my eyes. What a
day! Just peaceful, no bridge crossings today. All of a sudden, I heard
some little shrieks, just tiny little shrieks, where were they coming
from? From earth? Maybe so? All sorts of strange tings going on down
dere. Den dey new little boy courier came flying up to me and dropped
into de water besides me and almost pulled me into de water. He says,
Ms SawaFewwet, deres a fewwet getting weady to cwoss and dere Mommy
is asking for yous to be de gweeter. I knows you isnt sposed to be on
duty, but since dere Mommy asks for you can yous do dat? I stretched
and together wit de little boy courier towing me back and me ferret
paddling to de shore, I arrived. Quick like a ferret I made my way to
de bridge entrance.

I kept hearing faint little shrieks. Hmmm, I wondered, why de little
shrieks. Den de little boy courier again ran up to me wit a new note.
Ms SawaFewwet, dis note just awwived from de Boss. Dya wants me to
go and gets dose fewwets dats are sposed to be here to meet de new
cwosser. I told de little boy courier, Sure go ahead and get dem (if
dey can understand him--wowsie, his lisp is worse den mine). We have
both got to work on our diction.

Then I saw this beautiful fuzzy hightailing it across de bridge. As
she got to de entrance she let one little shriek out and then she just
fell exhausted at my paws. Whew, she says, I am tired. She just laid
dere for a few minutes. I finally leaned over and helps her up and
introduces myself,

Hi, I am SaraFerret. I am the bridgegreeter. Welcome to the Rainbow
Bridge. There is no pain or suffering here. No litter pans, plenty of
food, even cat food, chocolate, lots of running and playing, green
grass, and do I has to tell you no more hurts unless you go hunting
for a wayward porcupine or somting like dat.

She looks at me somewhat wit a dazd _expression and den as tho she
remembered someting, she says, Oh yes, Mommy Debi told me about de
bridge and said dat a Ms SaraFerret would be dere to greet me. You
dont know how much I hurts. I really hurts.

I asks her, well are you hurting now?

She says, Well, no, not now, in fact I feel great, and she looked at
herself and her fur had fluffed out great and she looked at beautiful
as when she was in the days of youth. And then she says, oh I forgot
to introduce myself, I am Mika, furdaughter of Mommy Debra, do you
know her.

I tells her, sure do, know her well, a number of her fuzzies are here.
I have greeted many of her fuzzies at de bridge. They have a group of
cottages at 45 FuzzyLoving Lane.

Then a small group of ferrets trotted up to us. When Mika saw them
she regained her energy and danced for joy. There was Yowler her
first-born, her little ferret that was born without eyes. But now she
noticed that he could see now and he has eyes now. She took her beloved
fuzzy in her paws and cried once again this time with tears of joy.
Then she saw her mate, Oden and her two daughters. What a reunion.
What a wardance. I just stood out of de way. I didnt want to interfere
with this happy moment. Bouncing, leaping, pouncing, running thru
make-believe tubes, flying without wings; it was just amazing what
reunions are like. Finally it settled down for a bit. They had worn
out for awhile. They were just dooking and chattering.

I finally got a word in edgewise and spoke with Mika and we dooked a
bit about wings and that's when she noticed dat de others had dem.
Big debate among de group. What color of wings for Mika? Dook-dook,
chitter-chatter! Blue, pink, lavender, green, stripes? Finally it was
decided. So off to the Wing House we all went. Such a large group of
Fuzzyloving ferrets were waiting at de place. But just our small group
went in. Dere on de counter was the big box (of course) and Mika went
over to it and opened it. She slowly took dem out and dere dey were.
Soft golden wings with soft blue stripes shot thru dem--not heavy
stripes. Just light stripes. Sort of streaks rather than stripes. Fit
for a queen. You could see de pride in her mate, Oden's eyes as he
looked at Mika. We helped her on with dem and she went over to de
vanity mirror and looked at her reflection. She had her halo on and den
she said, I wish Mommy Debi could see me now. I feel so bad dat de last
time she saw me, I was shrieking. I tried to explain to Mika that her
mommy would understand dat once dat fuzzies cross de bridge dat no
longer is dere any pain. Dat pain ends right dere. But I came up with
an idea.

Together we left the house and trotted down de path toward de misting
pond. Once dere I swished de water. Mika looked down and could see
Mommy Debi and all of de earthly fuzzies. She threw kisses and waves.
In fact, a large group of fuzzyloving ferrets came over and started
throwing kisses and waves. And den, Mika made a big promise to Mommy
Debi, that one time in de future she would make a visit to her, in her
dreams and leave musky kisses on her cheek and she would know she had
been there by Mika's smell on her pillow. Who knew when she might
come. But it might be anytime. She might even appear as a vision on her
doorstep. Who knows when a ferret might appear. And then with another
swish, all disappeared.

And so we all went down de path to 45 FuzzyLoving Lane to a big WELCOME
TO THE BRIDGE party planned for Mika. There would be de usual
wardancing, iced tea, pepsis, squirt cheese,crackers, kibble, fruit,
etc. and music for all. And we would dance and party for however long.
I was invited and since it was my "day off" I decided to go and party
too.

And so ended another day at de Rainbow Bridge.

Dooks and loveys
SaraFerret