From:
"David F. Thompson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 1995 14:49:53 -0500
Hello all!  This is my first posting after reading the FML and enjoying all
the "little things" that make a ferret the best pet in the world.  I have an
8-week old female that has been descented and fixed.  I litter-trained her
the first week and she was fine with it, but the second week I found her
using the litterbox as a playpen.  I checked the FAQ but didn't find
anything about what to do when your ferret has other plans for their
bathroom.  Anyone have any "tricks of the trade"?

I will preface this next question by saying "Yes, I did have sex class in
high school".  With a female ferret being fixed, will she have a menstral
cycle at all?  The reason I ask is that this morning, I noticed what looked
like dried blood or something around her vaginal opening.  Could this just
be residue from dragging her butt on the floor after going to the bathroom?
Everything else is very normal: stool is fine, eating regular, jumping
around, frisky, etc.  but I did notice that her nose was not damp.  It was
dry.  Any help?

Since this is the first time on the FML, I'll tell you about "Kit" my ferret
(I know, original name).  She is just 8 weeks and is about the cuteist thing
I've seen.  She rides in the hood of my sweatshirt to the Video store a lot,
and even while getting coffee in the morning!  She even began dooking last
week which made me die.  You can bet this is going to be one spoiled rotten
ferret.

- David F. Thompson

David - "This is your LITTER-box"
Kit - "...that becomes a PLAY-box when you leave, no problem"