From:
Karen Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 19:23:42 -0400
Hi All,

I just had to send this little tidbit in to all of you.  As I was getting
my dinner ready my doorbell rang.  Not knowing who it could be, I
reluctantly went to see.  At my front door stood a woman I know holding a
pet carrier with a ferret in it.

I guess I should back up a little bit and say that we have held ferrets for
a nearby shelter.  This woman had brought us a ferret in the past that was
dropped off at the pet store where she worked.  She assumed that we were
still sheltering ferrets.  I was totally caught off guard.  I knew that I
couldn't say "NO" because I have a weak spot for those cute little faces.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, now instead of 16 fuzzloves running
around there is now 17.  Maybe one more after this one.  His cage mate had
stayed behind with this woman's mother to see if he can get along with her
ferret.  I have a feeling that it won't go well.  I think he will miss the
one we have now and they will have to give him up as well.  We were given
the cage and all supplies.  We insisted on that when we were holding
because we were new at it and didn't have cages.  I just hope Tommy ( the
new kid on the block) does all right without his buddy, or they get him
here before Tommy gets too depressed.

Thanks for listening to me go on and on.

Hugs and kisses to all the fuzzloves out there.

Karen and her 17! fuzzloves :-)