Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:45:00 EST

>Agile, sounds like you have been out there, but how much were you
>really allowed  o see?

No one tried to stop me from seeing anything.

>We are in winter now, with wind chills below zero and frozen food and
>water! Did you go in a season when they decided to clean a little or
>after they were accused of cruelty and cleaned a little in case they
>got inspected.

I was there in I think May or June of 06 and Nov 06.

>What about the dog running all over and around the cages and scaring
>the poor ferts to death. Do you find that normal?

There was only a dog there when I was there in Nov and it was a well
mannered dog - none of the animals seemed afraid of it. I only saw it
when we first got there and I think it belonged to the mink person.

>Do you find ferts stuck between cages and unable to move in the
>freezing cold normal?

Certainly didn't see that when I was there.

>Do you find a loose ferret being kept back by a dog when trying to
>escape normal?

Didn't see that either.

>Sure, if they were all friendly and brought up in a loving home!

The ones I handled were friendly - one was too nippy but none were
biters.

>You are so selfish, that you dont even want protective breeding laws
>passed for ferrets! It's fine yours are well taken care of and you
>breed a few a year, but to defend a broken down excuse for a breeding
>farm with sick,cold, uncaring owners. They may not even care if they
>live or die. Maybe they get a tax write off for the ones that die!
>Maybe they don't even pay taxes! How could you support anyone like
>that. And you are about the only one!

I don't know where you get off calling me selfish - do you know me? I
don't think so :)

I am sensitive to freely giving away rights to the government though. I
am sensitive the anti-pet laws/activitists who want to pass laws which
would prevent me from owning the animals I own or breeding as I see
fit. I don't in any way promote restrictive laws which are a step
towards outlawing breeding or pets. IMO that is not selfish of me -
it's intelligent.

>I don't normally put people down like this and argue with people like
>this, but this is just too much for me.

Perhaps you should go back to not arguing or putting people down?

Nikki