From:
Debbie Hunton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 12:37:37 -0500
Thank you to the people who replied to me about places to find info on why
wood shavings are bad bedding for ferrets (the best article I got in the end
was written by a Marshall Farms vet and forwarded to me by someone else - it
kinda had more pull since all the petstores around here get their ferrets
from Marshall Farms).

We have one petstore which is very conscientious, their employees are
knowledgeable and helpful, etc.  I was rather surprised to see that they had
their ferrets in shavings.  When I started to talk to the manager about it,
she told me that they used to have them in corncob bedding, but that they
had one which ate the bedding, and had a serious blockage from it.

Anyone else have their ferret/s eat corncob bedding.  Or was she telling me
a story to get rid of me (which I doubt, but it is a possibility)?

Debbie & Jim
Pixie (The one in charge)

P.S. We keep discussing ferret math hitting our home and have more or
     less decided that our 3-1/2 year old ferret (who is spoiled rotten
     and used to being the center of our lives) would be *very* jealous.
     Any one have ferret math hit late in their first ferret's life and
     have experiences to share?  Thanks for any comments, good or bad
     experiences.