From:
Lori Petta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 14:54:44 -0500
>No matter what they say Every time I tell them that the Eukanuba food is
>better than the other ferret foods they carry, and it's less expensive
>than most.  This always gets big eyes.  Usually they tell me they'll keep
>that in mind when people have ferret questions or are looking for food!
>YEAH!

Hello everyone,
I am new to FML and I wanted to comment on this post.  I am a manager at
a PETsMART and I own 2 rescued ferrets.  All PETsMART associates are
required to ask about every customers pet.  This helps to spark up
conversation with a customer to ensure that they get the quality service
and care at every PETsMART store and it helps create better Pet Parents.

On the subject of ferret food I have done some extensive research on pet
food.  PETsMART carries a ferret food the is one of the best in my
opinion.  It is the 8 in 1 Ultimate brand ferret food.  It contains NO
by-products, BHA or BHT which you can find in Eukanuba.  8 in 1 Ultimate
also has a protein content of 38% which ferrets require a lot of.  The
Kaytee Fiesta brand ferret food is something I do not recommend because I
have heard of SEVERAL cases of the carrots in the food causing intestinal
blockage.  Now, if you are someone who dose not have access to ferret food
kitten food is OK.  I know this is a big debate, Kitten vs. Ferret food.
What it all boils down to are the ingredients.  If you want the best food
for you ferrets read the label and research the ingredients.  All of you
have access to the Super Information Highway:-).

I also wanted to post a question.  I am confused on weather Feline Pine or
All Pet Pine is ok to use as ferret litter.  I know that pine and cedar
chips are NOT recommended for ferrets.  For more information on this
subject go to:http://www.trifl.org/cedar.html The Feline Pine web site
says it's ok but I can't help but think this is a biased opinion and I
have heard that it is not good from other various people.  If anyone has
more info on this please let me know.  I love to be educated on these
things so I can help my customers.

I think that if Marshall Farms is shipping ferrets out that are under age
maybe the Media should get involved.  Contact 20/20 or Dateline to do a
story on this.  If Marshall's is really doing this and they are exposed
this could be the only way to stop them.

Lori, Podo, and Kodo