From:
Jim Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:47:25 -0800
I am looking for anyone that might have photos or a chart on how to
"accurately" age ferret kits.

The state of Maine recently passed a law that makes it illegal to import
or sell ferrets under 8 weeks of age.  (paraphrasing)

Today I called the state inspector to file a complaint about some
ferrets, that I believe are too young to be in the state.

I was told that he would look into the stores in question, but then he
asked me "How do I tell how old they are"?  I asked him if the state had
given them any training, and he replied "No".

The level of training given to the inspectors, makes it kind of hard to
keep the breeders in line, and the young ferrets at home where they
belong.

I need to find someone that might have some kind of photo chart showing
the various stages of a kits tooth development.  If such a chart does
exist, I would gladly pay for the "reproduction", and shipping, so that I
can do the state's job, and educate their employees.  I would also like
to make copies to distribute to the local pet stores, so that they can
keep a closer tab on the distributors.

Any help in this quest would be greatly appreciated.(Feel free to
cross-post)

Ferret Rescue of Maine
A State licensed, 501c3 Non-profit shelter.
Donate to shelter ferrets by clicking
igive.com/from