From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 15:19:30 -0400
>I applaud your full disclosure policy and the courage it takes to do
>that.  I know you have your hands full, but when you get a chance please
>post information on the ADV quicktest kit.  Who makes it, who sells it,
>what's it cost... and where does one get it.  What are the figures on
>false positives?  False negatives?  I think this is an instance where
>advertising a product is a necessary evil.

The Point of Care Test (POCT) ferret-side ADV Quicktest is available from
Avecon Diagnostics.

website:  http://www.avecon.com/AveconExotic.htm

Dr, Stephon is the developer.  You can email him at [log in to unmask] or
call at 215-453-0711 or 800-249-5875.

I very much like the test - it's an ELISA test using ferret saliva, is
very accepted by the ferrets, you don't get the possibility of sample
contamination via a toe nail clip, and takes about 15 minutes total.  It
has been compared against United's test as well as the ELISA using blood,
and is comparably accurate.  I use it as a screen for new ferrets, similar
to the FeLV/FIV ELISA test for new cats or kittens.  Cost is dependent on
how many you buy, but tops at about $15 per test.

Dr. Ruth
Save lives - spay or neuter your pet.