From:
Kim Reyes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 14:43:52 -0800
>any advice on cats and ferrets living together?  i have 3 ferrets and
>have recently adopted a 4-year old cat....(my boyfriend and i are moving
>in together) it started out as the ferrets being bold and the cat being
>scared, now the ferrets are the ones who are scared......it has only been
>one week, but I know that all animals involved have been stressed out.  i
>have been intoducing them one at a time but the cat (indoor cat, but still
>has claws) seems to see them as "toys"!  am i going to be able to make
>this work?!??
>
>[BE]

Not to worry, the ferrets have much tougher skin than the cat.  The cat
won't get the best of the ferrets, it is usually the other way around.  I
have one cat that is blind and dislikes the ferrets and the other cat
thinks they are her own personal toys.  However, it's always the cat that
gives up first when the play gets too rough, plus the ferrets always go
to a hiding place too small for the cat to get into.

I hope that helps.

Kim the Oregon one