From:
Michael & Carolyn Dimmitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 11:16:20 -0600
We just rescued a little guy who has a lot of problems from Neglect.  He has
a skin condition, 2 broken canines, serious cauliflower ear, ear mites,
stomach infection, deformed toes, and cut off tail, it's about 3" long.  We
took him th our vet and got presciption meds for all of the above, but he
has so many blackheads on his tail that his underfur and guard hairs can't
grow in.  He lost about half of his tail fur.

We wash his tail everyday.  He got back from his alteration surgery with
about 1" of his tail on the underside shaved for surgery.  We then took the
step of shaving his entire tail to treat the black heads, since most of the
fur was gone anyway.  We have tried many things, including acne soap and
blackhead strips.  Is there anything else we can do?  They do seem to be
getting better, but we are trying to help him grow his tail hair back in
as fast as possible, and those blackheads are preventing that.

Thanks!

Carolyn