From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 11:40:36 -0400
Re: Hurricane Floyd
My best wishes for anyone caught within the storm's path.

If the storm is heading your direction, you may wish to check out the FEMA
site at: http://www.fema.gov
for storm updates, emergency and hurricane preparedness info and more.
There is even currently a link on their homepage on hurricane evacuation
tips for pet owners and farmers.  (Direct link is
http://www.fema.gov/nwz99/hsus913.htm)
FEMA is a GREAT site for information on how to prepare for emergencies
like this.

BTW, people not in the direct path may wish to prepare as well.  This storm
will probably eventually cause severe weather all over the eastern portion
of the US.  It never hurts to do a little preparing so why not take a few
minutes now?  It might make a big difference later! ;)

Anonymous Posters (Was Re: oversized ferrets):
>You answered your own question on why this was posted anonymously Mr.
>Killian.  The way some people on the list view what is posted as an
>"attack" is the reason I choose to post anonymously....
>[MM]

Bill (Gruber), isn't posting using "anonymous" id's just to avoid flames
not in keeping with what that capability was intended to be used for?  It
was my understanding that it was to be used by folks in FFZ's to preserve
their anonymity and thereby their ferret's safety.

Whether or not this poster lives in a FFZ, I don't know.  But by their own
admission, that's not why they chose to post anonymously.  If I was unlucky
enough to live in a FFZ, I'd be really PO'd at this person for ABUSING a
capability that is intended to allow me to share in the FML without loosing
peace of mind over the safety of my ferrets.

To the poster in question, being afraid to sign your OWN NAME and stand up
for your opinions lends your argument no credibilty...in fact, it damages
it.  I would highly suggest learning how to stand up for yourself and your
opinions.  Take the praise *AND* the flames for those opinions.  It's an
all or nothing proposition - you can't just pick and choose, hiding
whenever you think "flames" may be coming your way.  Be brave.  (BTW, this
is no flame.  It is just a well-meant suggestion.  Take it as only that.)

Re: Beastmaster Series
>Anyone know anything else about this?  Will ferrets named Kodo and Podo be
>co-stars?

Nope, but I wondered the very same thing. Since it is a television show, I
would imagine that having ferret sidekicks is definately within the budget,
while a tiger may or may not be.

-kim, squirt  (yawn), pippi (Queen of Thieves), atlas (ferret of braun),
 jinx (lickity-nip!), and rosie (Rosie-rama!)

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]    |<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.

[Moderator's note: I do decide to accept anonymous posts on a case-by-case
basis.  The post in question, to me, did NOT seem like a flame -- I saw it
as a legitimate question and one deserving of discussion or correction.
Breeder issues are a bit sensitive and since some people who are known in
the ferret community need to work with breeders I decided to accept the
post, seeing how I thought it was innocent enough.  The response surprised
me... after all these years I still get surprised :-)   So, Kim, (and Zen,
who stated similar sentiments in another post)...points well taken.  BIG]