From:
Kathy Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 19:58:15 EDT
Hi everyone!
I don't know if anyone has responsed to anything about giving Flagyl to a
ferret but I finally found a way that is really pretty easy!  My Sneezer
had to have surgery and his meds have included Flagyl, amoxicillin and
pred.  Trying to get the Flagyl down him was not an easy task, as I'm sure
some of you know.  I felt sure that he'd die of a heart attack becuz of
the way he'd paw at his mouth and foam and gag, etc.  Well, I happened to
remember that my vet, a few years ago, gave me a pill popper for my cat.
I got it out and used it on Sneezer making sure that I got it as far back
as I possibly could and yahooey, it worked!!!!  I followed with the
amoxicillin and then the pred mixed with Ferretvite.  Needless to say,
things are sooo much better and easier!!  He still doesn't like his meds
but at least I don't feel so guilty giving him something he hated and I
know he's not as stressed!

Good luck to anyone that has to go thru it.  It's definitely not something
I look forward to!!  --Kathy