From:
Lindley A Garner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 1995 10:37:52 -0600
Well Idgie and I are back.  She is now losing hair on her tail and her
vulva area looks much larger than Lisa's.  My vet said that before I
bring her in I have to give him a weeks notice because he orders a
special test kit and it will cost $100.

My question is do any of you think this is the hormone package that the FAQ
talks about?
... and ...
Is this test necessary with the presence of the other two symptoms?  The
FAQ makes it sound as if those symptoms are enough reason to do
exploratory surgery.  I need to know whether this is true before I try to
convince him to just do the surgery without the $100 test first.
Unfortunately money is a big issue here and so I have to ask.  I am
guessing the surgery will be around $300.  I haven't asked my vet yet.

Also, Idgie hasn't lost any muscle mass yet and her energy level is
good.  She is eating and drinking fine as well.  BTW, she is 3.5 years
old.  So lastly, how much time do I have to play with here before the
surgery?????  Again, unfortunately money is the driving factor behind
that question (Murphy's Law - extra money demands always come at once!)

Once again, thank goodness for this list!
Lindy Garner
Missoula, MT