From:
Michaela Maurice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 21:26:07 -0700
Help.  My Bugsy is losing weight.   So far that's the only symptom he has.
Tomorrow I am going to bring him in for a Blood Glucose test.  He is 2.8lbs
now and weighs usually 3.3-3.7.  He has lost about 0.5 lbs in the last
week.

VETS: if there is anything else I should do besides a fasting blood glucose
test...please email me immediately (I am on the westcoast so I should get
emails before I go to the vets).  Also, he seems to eat more, the more he
exercises.  Is this a good thing for him if this turns out to be
hypoglycemia and/or insulinoma?

He is eating normally but I think I need to fatten him up as he is obviously
not metabolizing and storing his food well.

I need as many different 'fattening up' recipes as I can get.  Bugsy is a
very finicky eater.  The few treats he will touch are linatone, licorice &
raisins and pizza crust.  Occassionaly (and lately) he'll go for a bit of a
milkbone.  He does love oalmeal although I don't know if he'll like it
without the brown sugar I usually have on mine.  I need as many different
recipes as are out there so hopefully, one of them he'll like.  (food wise
he eats, Medi-Cal Development or Iams Kitten food.  Recently I purchased
Eukanuba Chicken and while my others will eat it, he prefers Iams)

Bugsy is my 'first born' and a gorgeous 3 year old sable masked male.  I
have cried my eyes out hearing of all the ferrets who are in linatone heaven
and I have already had one 8 month old die already (unknown cause-even upon
autopsy).  I couldn't handle the loss of Bugsy.  We are as connected as two
living creatures can be.  Any help that you can give would be so much
appreciated.  Thank you all in advance.  And thank you for all being here on
the FML...you are truly special people.

My email is [log in to unmask] please put 'BUGSY' in the subject
heading.

                                 Thanks again.
                                           Michaela Maurice