From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 12:17:40 -0700
Stinker was everyones baby.  She came to the shelter with Buster in March
2002.  She had adrenal surgery shortly after her arrival.  She bounced
back so quickly.  She was adopted out to a close friend of ours and we
were able to see her several times a month.  We watched her grow.  Her
fur came back so pretty and full.  She gained so much weight and loved
to play.  She could con anyone out of a treat with her pretty eyes and
button nose.

Shawn and I got to play with her on Thursday.  We didn't mean to.  We
were only checking on the house because her daddy was gone for a couple
of hours.  But you just couldn't say no to her...not Little Miss Stinker.

Saturday morning I received a call from her daddy.  He found her in her
sleepsack with her cagemate Mocha.  Stinker had passed away in her sleep.
We don't know what happened and never will.  I take comfort in the fact
that she was with her buddy when she passed and not alone.  Stinker had
a good life and was 6 years old.  She is now resting with her brother
Buster whom she loved so much.

Shawn made a tube coffin for her and engraved "Stinker, sister of Buster.
Everyones Baby" She was buried next to the roses in her daddies back yard.

Sandee, please greet her at the Rainbow Bridge.  Her sister Sophie and
her brother Buster and Mr. Bones are there waiting for her.  She loved
chicken treats and she loved to splash in the water.  She will be missed
by all who knew and loved her.

Here is her album on Picture Trails
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=2716176&uid=421224

Joanne Ruffner
Ferret Corner Shelter
"Ferrets are the Spice of Life"
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz
www.supportourshelters.org
There's a pot of Ferret Love at the end of the Rainbow