From:
Sharon Mclaughlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 15:24:12 -0500
Hi everyone, Ive been away for a while, but Im back with another new E-mail
address :) .  I have a few comments to make.

1) Ferrets in Pet stores need love too!

2) People wanting Pet Stores to stop selling ferrets..  I guess that means
that I am never going to be allowed to have ferrets then?  I tried to adopt
from a shelter but I live in a no pets apartment, so I was turned down.
Just because I cant get a letter from a Landlord stating that I can have
pets would mean that I have no right to own a ferret?  Im glad I was able
to buy mine in 2 different Pet Stores, I would be missing out on the
happiness I have shared with them for the past 5 years.  My landlord does
not see them and If he ever did and told me to move, I would gladly pick up
and go.  I would never get rid of my babies.  I took them in, which means I
took them in until the end of my life or theirs.

3) Marshall Farms..  3 of my 4 are Marshall Farms.  2 are babies so I
havent had any problems yet.  The oldest is almost 6 years old and has
Adrenal surgery and a few other problems, My other oldest is 5 years old,
she has never ever had to go to the vet for anything but shots, she is NOT
Marshalls and I have no idea where she came from.  I agree that it seems
that Marshall Ferrets get sicker than others, but I would Never trade any
of them!  As for boycotting MF, it wouldnt work, no matter how many ferret
owners boycott, there will always be more labs, more brand new ferret
owners that dont know any different, and people like me..  If I fall in
love, then I dont care what breeder they came from!  (Flame Away!) All
ferrets need love no matter where they came from...

4) Lab Testing... My Fiance has Juvenile Diabetes since he was 8 years old,
he is now 28.  He takes 3 insulin injections a day.  Before he dies, he
will most likely go blind and Lose one or both of his legs.  I most likely
will be a widow at a very early age (I am also 28) but I am willing to
stick by him because I love him!  There are many new medicines etc that are
coming out for Adult onset Diabetes, yet NONE for Juvenile Diabetes..  If
it will save my fiance's life or make his life a little fuller while hes
here and for Millions of other people in the same boat..  then DO IT!!  Im
sorry for the animals and I wish there was another way, but there isn't.  I
guess you'd just have to be there to understand!!  (Really Flame Away Now!)

Sharon (Smaccie), Woobie, Princess, Mystic and Crystal