From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 22:39:02 -0600
(Ferret Press International) Columbia, Missouri- Today Professor Angus
Merchant uncovered fossilized remains of what is thought to be an eclair at
the pre-Columbian archeological site he has devoted his life to uncovering.

"I am overwhelmed with emotion, I cannot express what this discovery means
to the history of ferret civilization," said Angus.  "This fossil, this
eclair, gives us unequivical proof that our ancestors had a much more
developed level of culture than is currently believed.  We have also found
some bones, which seem to belong to an upright-walking ape of some sort, a
new species.  I think this may have been some type of domesticated animal
kept by our ancestors as pets and/or slaves."

The dig, which is completely underwritten by Weasel U., is located in
central Missouri, just outside of the city of Columbia.  Angus been working
on this site for several years.  His theories of a lost culture led him
here.

"We are very proud of the work by Prof.  Merchant," stated Sean Ferretry, in
a press conference held at Weasel U.  "This discovery validates our faith
and backing into this site.  We shall continue to whole heartedly support
it."

Several other artifacts have been unearthed by the archeologists, including
fossilized raisins, balls, bananas and giant urns thought to have once held
some type of oil.

Prof. Merchant has held a position at Weasel U.  for 2 years.  Before that,
he was teaching in the state of Texas.