From:
Stephenie Baas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 19:52:11 +0200
Hi Keri

Fox the ferret with glaucoma, was my first secondhand ferret, that was
about 13 years ago

He was around 5 years old and nobody wanted him because he was blind,
don't forget this was in a time that ferrets were not yet considers pets
in Holland and vets new nothing about them, he got glaucoma around a half
year after he came to live with us and at that time he did not get eye
drops but medicine, which he hated.  It got to the point that he would
run and hide if he heard my voice.  We would get the glaucoma under
control, stop with the medicine and the glaucoma would come back.  In
the end the vet suggested that because he was blind it would be kinder
to remove the eye.

Stephenie