From:
Leanna Aker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 09:27:23 -0800
>Absolutely correct and this is part of the problem.  Nobody has any time
>for record keeping or fund raising or much else.  The shelter is filthy
>and the volunteers are there long enough to scoop poop, change bedding
>and let them out for a few minutes to get some exercise.  Occasionally 2
>days will pass before someone looks in on them.  I have been there more
>than once to discover that someone missed filling a water bottle or food
>bowl.  Whenever I went to the shelter, there wasn't a time that I didn't
>spend hours on my knees in front of the bathtub cleaning litter boxes
>and mopping floors.  There's just too much to do and not enough people
>to do it.

OK, this really infuriates me.  The shelter is NOT filthy.  When I asked
to volunteer there about 2 months ago, they had trouble finding a day for
me to come in that wasn't already "taken" by another volunteer.

You have a right to your opinion, but not to slander.  Your statements
are inaccurate and you've taken much of Charlene's post out of context
and twisted it to make your own point.

I'm sure mistakes have been made....I won't say that WFRS has been
perfect, but let's get a grip here.  The original point was about a
veterinarian.  This has turned into a "bash WFRS" thread.  Can we
please move it back to the point?

-Leanna

Aromatic plants bestow no spicy fragrance while they grow; but crush'd
or trodden to the ground, diffuse their balmy sweets around.
-Oliver Goldsmith