From:
"L. Pettus" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 19:20:51 -0500
Hello all,
My 9 week old ferret, Jasper, adores my dog's food!  Is this harmful to him?
Forgive the lack of knowledge--this is my first ferret and I am learning
still.  Also, does anyone have any ingenious ideas for breaking him of
biting/nipping?  I have tried grasping him by the scruff of the neck and
saying NO to him sharply...and hissing at him like his mother might (please
don't jump on me if this is not correct...I read it in a book on ferrets),
and also I try to put him back in his cage when he persists in doing this.
Is he just too young to learn this yet?  Any help will be appreciated.

Lisa

Lisa Pettus
Graham, NC

-> "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity." <-