From:
Elizabeth Watt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 23 May 1994 08:36:28 -0400
Benn got me up at 5:30 this morning (it's a holiday here, I was supposed
to be sleeping in!) with an upset stomach - vomiting and gas.  I gave him
Diovol (an antacid/anti-flatulant) took him to bed with me to keep him
warm and he felt better after using the box about an hour later.  This is
not unusual for Benn, he has had a sensitive stomach ever since I've known
him (he was an orphan and about two years old when he came to live with
us).  About 18 months ago, he developed what the vet figured was an ulcer
(vomiting and blood in stools).  He got better fairly quickly, but ever
since he cannot tolerate foods made with corn.  Which leads me to my two
questions:

1) I've only been able to find 1 food which does not contain corn -
Optimum's "Nature's Recipe".  Unfortunatly, all four of the squirts are
getting tired of it.  I get resigned looks when I fill the food bowls.
Does anyone know of others that I might be able to find here in Ontario?

2)  Could he be having recurrances of his ulcer, and if so, should I be
doing anything else for him?  The Diovol seems to help (.5cc dose based on
his weight) and he takes it well if he's feeling miserable.  This happens
fairly rarely now, less than once a month, but it's pretty awful for him
when it does happen.

Thanks for any help, Benn will appreciate it.

A while ago, someone asked about carpet cleaners.  I find that plain
baking soda dusted on the offensive areas about half an hour before
vacuuming helps a lot.   For real cleaning I use a 1:2 solution of water
and vinegar which I sponge on the carpet then vacuum up with our wet/dry
shop vac.  These methods work as well as any commercial products I've
found, they're cheap and I feel they are safer for the squirts.

The Mama of Me, Max, Benn and Bear

--
Elizabeth Watt
Knitter, Spinner, Ferret lover, SLP, (in no particular order of importance)