From:
Joanne Gelormino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 09:45:11 -0500
After reading the posts about the money-hungry and not very understanding
vets, I have to sing the praises of my vet, Dr. Wil Barrios of the East
Hartford Animal Clinic in CT.

He is the only vet on staff in his business and is always willing to answer
questions over the phone, and I have always been accommodated when I needed
an appointment the same day.  He treats all the shelter ferrets at FACT
which receives a discount and does work for the Humane Society.  He permits
his regular clients to post-date checks when the need arises and he does not
charge for a re-examination for the same illness.  He is also open to
information I bring him off the net.  He has performed all my ferrets'
surgeries and I am happy to say I have complete confidence in his ability.

I would suggest to those not happy with their vet's attitude to try to find
a better one.  As in any profession, there are a few bad ones, but I would
hope they are in the minority.

Moxie
http://www.tiac.net/users/moxieent/index.htm