From:
"Blanca A. Martinez" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 19:32:58 -0800
Hello All Ferreteers!!

Many of you may remember me from my little Ollie and Ivy, (may they rest in
peace at the Rainbow Bridge) have passed on.  Unfortunately, I do carry bad
news.  My *roommate* (she's is more like my mother) has lost one of hers.
She has been there for me throughout all of my ferrets passing, needless to
say, she has lost her first.  Honey was a beautiful TINY female that had a
litter of NINE kits, which ALL survived.  We were amazed with these little
guys, especially Honey.  She took very good care of her babies it was
amazing to see life in her presence and in her eyes.  We had to get her
descented because of the *living* status, there was a smell present and to
please others she thought what she thought was best, to get them descented.

I know many of you have very harsh feelings about descenting, well, now so
do we.  We took them to the best vet in out area who has had much experience
with ferrets.  Unfortunately, things didn't go our way.  Honey tried her
hardest, but her little body was invaded by bacteria, her temperature had
dropped to 92 degrees, her heart pressure was low, etc.  The emergency vet,
Dr. Murray, (which they went to his home with ferret in hand---which he was
happy to help) had done everything possible.  They did a cut down, and
couldn't get an IV in her, her veins kept on collapsing.  This was Kathy's
first lost, and it killed her.  Now, we have another that is at the
emergency hospital connected to an IV an put on strong antibiotics.  Silk,
is doing better, we just got back from seeing her.  If any one has ever had
this type of problem, please e-mail us back, we are trying to put two and
two together.  And if any one would like to send condolences to Kathy, her
e-mail address is : [log in to unmask]

Thank you, I will continue to keep you updated on Silk.  Keep your fuzzies
warm!!

Blanca