From:
Mooney Norma <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1993 14:56:08 -0500
I was quite excited to read that other people have experienced this strange
sort of "esp" with their ferrets. My little girl, Molly, had this old
"Welcome Mat" she used to just LOVE playing with at my Mother's house. She
would fold it up so that it made little tunnels, run through, flatten it,
then start again. My mother figured that since Molly loved this thing so
much she would give it to her. So, I brought it home to our apartment and
put it by the front door. For Months she didn't go near it. Then, one day
I mentioned to my room-mate how strange I thought it was that Molly hadn't
even played with that rug since I brought it home. The VERY NEXT DAY I
looked by the front door and the rug was Gone. Sure enough, Molly had
dragged it into the bedroom and stuffed it under my futon with all the
rest of "her" stuff (sqeaky toys, my socks, pens, etc.). I guess she had
forgotten all about it...until I mentioned it, again!
        While I'm here I would also like to ask a couple of
questions...Where do you get these nifty Hammocks I kept hearing you folks
write about? Christmas is coming up, and I would love to get Molly one.
        Also, is it not LAXATONE that you are supposed to buy if you think
your ferret has a hairball or something. Molly has had this sort of
gasping cough for a couple of days now and I can't find the stuff
anywhere. I asked for it in several pet stores and they looked at me like
I had two heads (as they do when I ask them for ANY information...where do
they get these people?!....uh, no offense to any knowledgeable pet shop
workers who may be reading this...I just haven't found you yet)
        Finally, I would like to mention that molly wears a grovy
two-sided Purple and Pink nylon collar. It came with a bell attached and
there were enough holes to make it small enough to fit her. There was,
however, lots of length left over which needed to be cut so that she
wouldn't keep tripping on it. I did so by cutting in a semi-circular sort
of way...adding clear nail polish to the end, and letting it dry overnight
so that it would not (and it does not) fray. I also think it is very
important that she wears it as I added a name tag with her address and
home phone in case she gets out (although she is also getting a tattoo
soon...since collars do come off) and the bell helps me to always know
where she is and if she's okay...GREAT peace of mind.
Thanks all
Norma-ann and Molly Mae