From:
PaulOdin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 1997 16:06:28 EST
Hi, All,
I just wanted to respond to a couple people posting from my state.

iso100- I raise a few litters of ferrets each summer in central Florida, but
don't have any silvers right now.  If you are in south Florida you could
contact the Broward shelter, as I know they currently have more rescues than
they know what to do with.  I imagine they are contacting you, as Cher might
from the Brevard group, as they are regulars on this list.  I do have a
couple 6 month old males- blazes of one color or another, and a 3 mo.  old
chocolate female.  I'd have to talk to my wife before parting w/ the latest
rescue- an MF albino male my she is falling for.

Tuvalls- Welcome to the list!  There is a ferret group known as the
Gainesville Ferretmeisters that you might want to get in touch with.
Contact Gayle Parker (in the book) or ask at West Side Animal Clinic.
That's Dr. Kemmerer's place, and I doubt if there is a better ferret surgeon
anywhere.  Anyone in the office could tell you about the club.  I'm not sure
how active the group is these days, but if you contact them they may let you
do the leg work for their Fall Ferret Fun Fest.  Gayle has been the real
worker there for several years, and she has been so busy since completing
her nursing program that they may need a transfusion of new blood.

There are a few ferret folks living between G'ville and Orlando (me
included), and several people from this list and the Ferret Forum list
scattered around the state.

     Paul