From:
"~ Melissa ~" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 07:27:00 PST
I want to add something to the Modern Ferret article about PeTA. I get
mailings and stickers from PeTA, Audubon, etc. as well, but that doesn't
mean I send them any money.

It's legal (and a good use of resources) to use stickers and return address
labels that you get in the mail without making a donation.  US Postal
Policy says that anything that comes unsolicited in the mail is yours to
keep...for free.

To redo labels of causes I don't believe in, I cut off the part of the
labels that have an insignia on them. Sometimes there's enough room to
add your own little stamp or sticker onto the label; if not, just stamp
the envelope with ferret rubber-stamps! :o)

This way you get free labels and stickers, don't have to throw them away,
and don't give the organization free advertising. :o)  It only takes a
couple of minutes to cut off those names.

Melissa and Pepita (the fuzzy)