From:
Minta Ruark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 1996 15:26:02 -0800
I'm really, really new to this list.  I was wondering if anyone had anything
to say about ferrets w/diarrhea problems.  Zooey, my ferret, has had
diarrhea off and on since January 1st.  It never affected her
playing/food/drinking/sleeping.  She was never overly lethargic.  Her vet (a
really nice and smart guy about ferrets), doesn't specifically know what's
going on w/her.  She's been on four different antibiotics.  Amoxicillin
seems to work, but only when she's on it.  Baytril worked too, but also only
when she's on it.  After the antibiotics run out, the diarrhea comes back.
It isn't green or mucousy, just a little pale and runny.

I'm also wondering how so many antibiotics will affect her.  She's only 1
1/2 lbs.  She does love the amoxicillin, though, she'll do tricks for it.
Also, I had her boarded over the holidays for about a week.  The diarrhea
started the night she came back.  Connection?

Zooey would appreciate any ideas, although she doesn't appear to be bothered
by her predicament.  It does get old cleaning up her litter pan, though.

Thanks, MJR