Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 15:50:32 -0400
I saw the same dog squeeze toy in my grocery store that you did, Bryan.  I
must confess, though ... I really thought it was cute, and I bought four of
them.

I think one of the reasons that the high-pitched squeek the ferret makes
(when squeezed) didn't bother me was that I had a real ferret who used to
make a very similar noise when he was playing and was very excited.  To
me, it just sounded like the sound in the toy was a misguided attempt to
imitate a playing/excited ferret.  I also liked the fact that the eyes on
the toy are fabric patches (as opposed to plastic), so I could give them
to my ferrets and my friends' pets without creating a choking hazard.

- Ela

Ela Heyn
Harborside Mail Stop 3024
201-860-3336

[P.S.]
Just a P.S. to my previous note on the dog toy ..... I didn't buy *just*
the stuffed ferret in this dog toy line.  I also bought one of the stuffed
"vet mobiles" (for my vet ... it makes a siren sound), a stuffed "fire
engine" (for a firefighter friend's dog .. it also makes a siren sound),
and a few of the stuffed buffaloes (they make a bellowing sound).  They've
been a big hit with my friends so far!  :->