From:
Harber Norris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 1996 16:22:33 EST
OK, I'll admit it.  I sat through all of Second Noah, too.  Its no ER,
that's for sure.  But I'm going to have to register a "Yea" vote for it.  Or
at least a, "Lets give it another chance if it stays on the air that long."

I didn't think about the dog or cat thing, Dick.  Yeah, a dog or cat around
would put things in better perspective.  But no one ever specifically said
"Behold all these wild, rescued animals", either.  In fact, for being based
on animal care, this episode didn't really focus much on animals at all.  I
guess there were too many "complicated" characters to develop (heavy
sarcasm :^] ).

It was the best portrayal of ferrets I've seen on a fictional show, and
they were very vague about everything else.  Give them a chance to take
a stand . . . Then we'll nail `em.

However, I don't think it has long.  The acting wasn't too bad (I had to
wince while I wrote that), but the best I can say about the plot is that
those formulas HAVE been known to work before (didn't we see all those plot
lines in the first season of "8 is Enough"?).  So if you guys want to see
those cute ferrets and other animals, you'd better catch it quick.

Mark, by the way, refused to watch the tape I made of it.  We just fast
forwarded to the cute animal shots and I explained the plot.  He was less
than impressed.  I guess I just have a soft spot for the show cause I think
I would have absolutely LOVED it, as a little girl (ok, so I wasn't very
discriminating then, I also loved Fantasy Island, and Bosom Buddies).

Back to ferrets, we've found a new cuddling method that works wonders on our
two girls.  Circle the thumb and forefinger like an OK sign, and then push
the circle up over the fuzzy's nose, over the ears, towards the back of the
head.  Ozzie just loves it!  She yawns and rubs her face with those cute
white tipped paws, and rubs her head against my shoulder, and just turns
into a fuzzie puddle of jello.  Nico seems to respond to it only when she's
sleepy.  Gunther is a macho, manly ferret who cuddles only for linatone, and
is preoccupied with the knowledge that there is a cat upstairs who needs to
be tamed.

By the way, Gunther has tested positive for adrenal disease.  If it weren't
for the FML I would never had known to keep pushing even after 3 vets told
me that bald means nothing and we should wait and see.  We finally took him
to Dr.  Terry McGrath in West Chester, PA (got his name from the STAR
database).  We were impressed with Dr.  McGrath.  He obviously knew a lot
more about ferrets than the other vets we've been to recently.  Right now
Gunther is in remission.  His coat has grown in, and his weight is almost
normal.  He looks great and seems to feel great.  Since a relapse is pretty
much guaranteed, I'm thinking now would be a good time to get the surgery.
He'll be able to handle the stress better while he's strong.  I just need to
decide on a date.  I do feel a little guilty making him feel crappy, just
when he is finally feeling better.  But I think its the right thing to do.

Norris for the entire fuzzy family,
Mark, Nico, Gunther, Ozzie, & Miranda the cat
(well, Mark is a little less fuzzy than the other 4)