From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 11:47:13 -0500
Ed
I often think you post stuff just to see how much controversy you can stir
up.  Well this time you got to me.  Happy?

Your response to April and Jaden and comments to the Killians are the kind
of egregious garbage that CaCa Fish and Game loves to promote.

ANY animal (dog, cat, ferret, bird, turtle, etc) can be dangerous to small
children.  ANY animal should be closely supervised when interacting with
small children.  Most domestic pets will be fine with children, a few will
not, a ferret no more likely than a cat or dog.

Comparing the ferret with the image of a fierce wolverine is like saying
little Susie shouldn't play with Fluffy because he is related to a tiger!

The McCarty's solution of having playtime for the ferrets while the kids are
asleep is a good one for now.  I hope they will continue to allow for very
carefully supervised interactions.  I suspect that with time, Sugar and the
kids will become best friends.

It is a far better solution than shipping the ferret to you.

Linda Iroff