Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 1997 20:55:02 EST
My Dear Ferret Friends,

The Holidays draw close.  Each year we send you a message - usually it is to
beg for things for a shelter somewhere in the U.S.  This year the message
shall change.

Ferret Friends Disaster Response International wish's to thank all of you
for the supplies and donations that you have sent during the disasters we
have sustained in 1997.  The floods in North and South Dakota and most
recently Spokane, Wa Ferret Disaster.

There are really no words that can thank you for what you have done.  You
have saved so many Children of Fur, Feathers, Scales and Shells, and hooves
( I was remined of the last one lately).

The only thank you I can do, is to reprint something you have all ask for
repeatedly, so here it is:

"We need another and a wiser and prehaps a more mystical concept of animals.
  ..In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and
complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never
attained, living by voices we shall never hear.  They are not bretheren,
they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in
the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of
the earth.".  Henry Beston, 1928

May the Holidays bring you all - Health, Wealth, and Happiness.  BUT most
of all

LOVE

Chere McCoy
Director, Ferret Friends Disaster Response International
Shelter Mom, Ferret Friends of Indian River County