From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:22:50 EST
There was a logical reason for this in the early batches (I forget why).
Pretty Bird is making their food even better (if thats' possible).  They
are working on new things, and one of the changes I was told that they
were considering was lowering that ash content.  Making a food that is so
close to what an obligate carnivore eats is very difficult.  That is what
they are perfecting.  I'm very excited about this food.

If you go to their site, they have their own documents available to the
public.  Many documents are there for you to examine.  You can see the
sources of ingrediants, where they get their amino acids, what they have
witnessed, etc..  This food should be a great option for GI compromised
ferrets, for preventing insolinoma, and most of all to get the muscle
mass that may be lacking in our american kibble fed animals.

If you have tried Pretty Bird food and were unsatisifed due to the
difference in odor of the food, the consistency of the feces of your
animal, or because your animal wasn't crazy about the food itself ... but
want so much for your animal to have a high grade food like this, don't
worry.  They are constantly working on other new foods with different
ingredients and differnet ratio's of current ingredients to resolve so
many of these issues. :D

I currently have a test batch of one of their options that they are
trying and it's been wonderful.  I was happy with the option of another
kind of ferret food on the market, but I"m excited as can be that they
are always working to improve what they've already accomplished.

Wolfy