Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 23:05:18 EST
My shy shivery Tiger had been spending the last 3 weeks with blood coming
out of his ear, and unable to use his back legs-yet bright eyed, eating his
soup, and relatively pain free:

How HORRIBLE to watch a our ferret companion grow old and slow and smell
badly like death, and drag half his useless limp body, and poop all over
himself and trail poop all over everywhere.

How BLESSED was I that God allowed me to care for my companion to his last
breath-as much as it tore me up to see him as he became.  I sounded up-beat
as I spoke to him.  I went into another room if I had to cry.  I carried
him all over in a towel and kissed him a thousand times on his little face.
I told him over and over with zeal and a smile on my face what a good boy
he was.

He seemed confused by his inability to use his legs-but happy.  I do not
think that he understood that he was dying.  I could see no reason to act
as though he was in front of him.

I had rented a movie for the two of us I picked up after work today.  Tiger
was going to cuddle with me in his towel on the couch as we did last night.
But God came for him, and he drew his last breathe, as i stroked his pretty
head and kissed his tiny cheek.

"Even in laughter the heart may ache,
and joy may end in grief. "
Ecc2:2