From:
Katherine Robson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 1995 02:15:01 -0500
[Moderator's note: Should anyone want to reply to Kathy, please note
the above address won't work.   See her signature with her *real*
email address in yesterday's FML.  BIG]

Hi, Just a tale for those who like them.  My ferret Adhemar likes to
try all human foods and he thinks that just because you've given him
something this means it is a treat and that it must be good, despite
the fact that his head is shaking in disgust and his body twitches in
revulsion.

The other night, Paul and I went up to the laundry room to get our
laundry, thinking that it was safe because the guys were asleep in
the couch. We came back only to find Adhemar on top of the coffee
table, standing in the large puddle of my breverage (OJ & Cranberry
juice) that I had left there thinking that it was safe, licking it
up. So I took Adhemar off the table and started to dry his paws,
while Paul cleaned up the mess. Adhemar was struggling to be let
down, so he could continue drinking; so I let him down and he helped
Pail clean up. The lesson was learnt.
Today, I was preparing the same drink while Adhemar and Idefix were
looking on wondering if this time that I was at the counter I would
give them a treat. So I tought, maybe they would like some of my
drink. So I put a little bit in a bowl and gave it to them. Idefix
immediately shook his head and stared up at me as if to say, "This is
crap, can I have something else?" Adhemar mean while was trying to
drink it, despite his violently shaking head. Idefix followed me into
the kitchen and I gave him a little bit of milk in a bowl. When
Adhemar saw that there was something new he came over and tried it.
He drank some and his head didn't shake, but he decided that he had
had enough liquids for the day. Idefix loved the milk.

Anyways, I guess the moral of the story is that some things are good
just because of the means through which they are acquired.
By the way, Adhemar never did finish that bowl of OJ&Crran. I guess
there isn't the same peer pressure that there is with beer. ( blame
that one on Paul.)

Kathy, Paul and the two fighting amigos! (We have a computer sound
bite of them fighting if anyone is interested, with a couple of
hisses too!)