From:
"Tim C. Watson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 1996 15:46:21 EDT
Hello FML,

My new little fuzzbutt Makai is almost 4 months old now and I certainly plan
on having him neutered.  My question is whether or not to have him descented
as well at the same time.  Up until this point I'd been leaning toward NOT
descenting him.  When I took him for his checkup his vet was also leaning
toward NOT descenting.  After talking to his breeder she feels that he
should be descented.  She said she has read where AFA is now taking the
position that desenting MAY be better as apparently they are now seeing more
impacted anal gland problems.  When talking with the vet he said he's seen
several problems because of descenting.  Now in all fairness I suspect the
vet has seen more "farm ferrets" and we all know that early descenting may
be the reasons for what the vet has seen.  Anyway, what are the current
thoughts on descenting?

-- Tim, Makai (gotta run, run, leap, run some more), Salena <RB-GAF>

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/tcm_watson