From:
Celtic Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2004 10:44:42 -0400
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Hello everyone.  I am new to the list and also a new owner of Vegas, our
>Ferret.  The first couple of days after we brought her home, she was so
>sweet Then she decided to start biting.  I mean she has drawn blood....

Forget punishing her and tapping her on the nose.

Try scruffing her, saying no when she is "bad".  Try dragging her.  This
establishes dominance.  When she is is "good' praise her and give her a
treat.

The technique I use most often is simple.  Find a treat she loves like
ferretone, olive oil, or ferretvite.  Give her a treat.  Once her head
is focused on the treat pet her.  You can also pick her up and carry her
around.  Praise her.  Keep this up until you can reach in the cage to get
her without any problems.  You want her to associate the good things with
the treat treat.

KG