From:
Michelle Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 20:12:15 -0600
Hi everyone,

My name is Michelle Stephenson (I have written a few of you before).  I am a
third year veterinary school student at Auburn University in Alabama.  The
reason I am writing is to let you all know that I am hoping to write a
journal article with a professor of mine concerning the correlation between
adrenal cancer and insulinoma in the ferret.  We have two case studies, my
own Cinnamon (a totally bilateral adrenalectomized ferret and insulinoma
removal) and a case that presented to our University Small Animal Clinic
last year.  We need one more case study however to start to write the paper.
So what I would like to know from you all out there is can I borrow some
information from someone with a ferret in the same situation.  I will need
access to veterinary records, personal reports and opinions of how there
ferret was or is, and possible photographs (photos are definitely not a
must), and the ferret can be alive, sick, or passed on.  If anyone out there
is interested of any veterinarians can donate some case studies to me, I
would greatly appreciate the information.  My professor and I have only
talked about this informally and many details are not available or worked
out, but the first step is to have all of the data ready and handy, so we
can actually get the ball rolling on this.  Thanks so very much and good
luck with all your little ones.  Maybe I will be seeing you across that exam
table some day.  Thanks, Michelle